It's easy to get caught up in the daily rush: the morning commute, the line at Starbucks, the to-do list, the demands of caring for others and fulfilling the daily tasks that have been assigned to me.
But each day there are signs and opportunities that I may miss if I'm not paying attention. As I'm driving in my car, I may miss the beauty of fall leaves or the pedestrian on the side of the road if I am on automatic pilot. I may miss the lonely old man at the grocery store who is praying that someone will smile and say an encouraging word to him. I may be listening to the concerns of my child, spouse or co-worker with half an ear, not fully engaged.
Today, I am reminded to follow the signs that lead me on my path, to notice whatever is excellent or praiseworthy, to show concern for those around me, to practice kindness.
Be clear-minded and watchful, look around and see with the eyes of the heart...

No comments:
Post a Comment