I step outside and the brisk Autumn air causes me to catch my breath. Leaves gradually change color and cascade softly to the ground. The turn of seasons reminds me that the only certainty in life is that things will never stay the same. Each day, my body renews itself...old cells die and are replaced by new. Relationships end, loved ones may die, new people come into my life. Old patterns and habits are replaced by new, better ways of doing things.
If I refuse to change, and remain stuck in an old pattern or continually churn over past regrets, I cannot grow spiritually. Each day, I am writing the story of my life...the attitudes I hold, the choices I make, all have an impact on those around me, cascading out like ripples to the larger world.
I am reminded this day to breathe out the old, to imagine that everything stale in my life is being replaced by a new, fresh experience. The energy of change and growth is like the color of leaves...green, gold, vibrant red and orange. As I breathe in the new, I visualize these colors replacing gray, dark decay in the recesses of my soul.
I embrace change and am born anew each morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment