Saturday, January 26, 2019

I am a Whole and Holy Being

I am a whole and holy being; the silence is sacred....
My mother, Emily, wrote these words in 2012, three years before she died of cancer.  Today is the fourth anniversary of her death, and since I recently found this journal entry, I felt it appropriate to share her thoughts.

"In the silence, there is no confusion, no doubt, no fear.  Resting in this space, I am aware that the Holy Presence surrounds me and is within me.  Any mistake, thought or belief that I am separate from my creator dissipates.  In the silence, I discern this sacred message:
'Be still and know that I am God'.  My heart responds, and with this knowing, my soul is uplifted.

I feel a gentle ebb and flow as all regrets and sadness wash away and I am filled with joy.
Resting fully in the Presence for even a few minutes, I receive assurance that I am one with God."

I nurture myself with times of sacred silence

No comments:

Post a Comment