In the wee hours of the morning, when fears plagued me, my thoughts turned to Jesus' words as he spoke to his frightened disciples in the boat during a storm: "Do not be terrified, Peace be Still." This became my mantra, until peace filled me at the center and began to radiate from within. All my nagging anxiety was replaced with soothing calm. I meditated on the idea of radiating peace...waves of energy and light that have the power to heal the world.
This peace is a gift of Spirit; there is no other source. although we may try to experience freedom from anxiety through other means: alcohol, drugs and distractions like social media, movies or TV, true peace comes from God and emanates from within.
When I ask for help, release my fears and embrace the command "peace be still", I embody radiant peace and can more effectively pray for others, sending this energy from my heart center to theirs.
I am peace- a powerful force for good in the world.

Beautiful words of truth. Thank you for sharing your heart. I too am sitting on my patio in the cool morning breezes with Ray's of sun filtering through my spruce tree.
ReplyDelete