Life inevitably includes losses; we must say goodbye to loved ones, friends and beloved pets as they pass to some other realm that we call heaven by faith, but that, in darker moments, we may have doubts about. We may lose jobs, homes, relationships, belongings, and must continually adjust, adapting to whatever there is to adapt to. After experiencing loss, it is important to find ways to reconnect, to find ourselves again, to affirm that life goes on, that joy can again fill our hearts.
Desert rainbow
I recently spent a week in the little hot springs desert town where my daughter and her family live. It is a beautiful, wild place where I can disconnect from technology and the constant hum of electromagnetic energy. My heart opens and joy fills me as I delight in my little granddaughter's beautiful spirit. It is life-affirming and healing to shed the skin of pain and loss and allow myself to love a new small being.
As the holiday season approaches, I embrace with anticipation the beauty of this time. I will miss my parents always, but must move on as the seasons change.
The presence and power of God within keeps me grounded, centered and comforted


Patti:
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, as always. Thank you.
Lance
Beautiful Patti! Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteMike