The culture around us gives so much fodder for anxiety: the new virus, the ups and downs of the economy, the hatred spewed in politics and worldwide. I will not give in to this energy of fear, which can wake us in the middle of the night and fill us with dread.
The remedy for this anxiety, or fear of the unknown, is faith. While fear wraps around us like dark tentacles and causes us to retreat like a turtle in a shell, faith gives us deep inner peace and motivates us to reach out in love.
Scientific studies have shown that negative emotions like fear and anger suppress our immune systems and make us more susceptible to things like the coronavirus, while positive emotions and the simple act of choosing joy each day can make our immune systems stronger.
So today, on this lovely almost spring morning, I will choose to give thanks, be joyful and banish fear. I affirm that I am loved and protected.
As much as I open my heart to receive, Divine gifts will be given.

Great thought for the day. Always look forward to your postings They are a blessing.
ReplyDeleteLance
I feel my body relax drifting to God's Kingdom by reading your devotion and not having a fear in the world. Then the devil sneaks in to remind me of not having Medicaid for the time when I can get things in place to go home. I've already started getting things in place. Then the devil comes to visit me and works on me the way he's doing now, but I'm determined not to let him run my life. In Jesus's Precious Name, Amen! Thank You, Patti!
DeleteGod Bless,
Deb
Deb, I so admire your faith and courage in the face of obstacles.You're right- fear is the enemy and we just have to be determined not to let it control us; to keep replacing it with faith.
DeleteLance, I'm so honored that you are blessed by my messages. Thanks for the inspiration that you have given over the years.
Delete