We all face difficulties in life, whether large or small; events or circumstances that rise up and seem to block our path or make the going tough. People we care about get sick, financial, spiritual or emotional challenges arise that we have to work through or rise above. This morning, I am revisiting a message from three years ago that I believe can give us some hope.
In recent years, I have been faced with a difficult life circumstance that has consumed my physical, mental and emotional energy. I envision this as a dark stumbling block in my path; and have tried with all my strength to move this dark energy to clear the path so that all can be as it was.
In the process, I have found three things to be true: 1), when I try with all my might to fix something that is beyond my control, all I do is exhaust and frustrate myself; 2), sometimes I need to ask for help from other human beings who are willing to come beside me in prayer and 3), when I have done all that I can with the help of others, I need to move aside and allow God to do the rest.
What I find when doing so is that the stumbling block becomes smaller and loses power, allowing me to rise above it and settle there for a time, still prayerfully involved, but from a new vantage point.Rising above the stumbling blocks in my life and allowing God to do the work of moving the obstacles, is my path to freedom.
Wise words & inspirational guidance. Thank you, Patti.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it touched your heart!
DeleteMy mom always sends me your content, and it is always very poignant to something I am working through. Thank you for your words!
ReplyDelete