This morning, I step outside and feel the change of season in the damp, cool air. Yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox, so I guess a shift of weather is fitting. The days will be getting shorter and cooler as we move into fall.
I've always loved this time of year, so I thought it would be fun to find some traditional rituals that welcome in the season and encourage us to embrace this special time of bounty:
- Light a candle to bring extra light and warmth into your home. Use it as a focal point for meditation
- Create a gratitude jar: fill a jar with notes of gratitude for all the blessings in your life. When the dark days of winter come, re-read them to lift your spirits
- Have a bonfire to celebrate autumn; write down on a piece of paper anything you want to release and burn it
- Celebrate nature's bounty by visiting a farm market and buying local produce, fall flowers and pumpkins
- Decorate your home with colorful fall touches and scented candles
- Spend time in nature: walk a wooded trail or simply relax in your backyard, taking in the beauty of the changing landscape
- Write in a journal: reflect on summer and the seasonal shifts, express gratitude for blessings or release anything that is holding you back
- Make some delicious soup with seasonal vegetables; bake some bread or cookies
- Drink some spiced hot tea or coffee as you practice mindfulness meditation in front of your bonfire.
- Say a prayer and give thanks!


Great list of ideas! I hope to check them all off!
ReplyDelete