I visualize my cares and worries as a sack of rocks that I carry around and that impedes my journey along life's path. Each day, I can add new rocks to my sack; whether it's words said in anger that cause me to feel guilty, regrets over past mistakes, or fear of the future. I combine these with my worries about loved ones or the state of the world, the divisiveness and ugliness in politics today.... the list goes on.
I know in my heart that I need to let these things go in order to find peace, but sometimes my mind just won't let me. It's hard not to care, when I am so intricately connected to the world around me.
As I meditate on this, it becomes clear that attachment is not the same as caring. Caring is doing what I can and then setting the burden aside because it is not mine to bear.
It is understanding that a Higher Power is in control and that I am only a vessel for Spirit.
When I am able to let it all go, if only for a few moments, the sack of rocks in my imagination becomes a bag of balloons that gently floats up into the realm of Divine Light.
Set down your burdens and trust in Spirit

No comments:
Post a Comment