Saturday, December 15, 2018
What is My Daily Offering?
Whenever I share something from my heart, I am making an offering, whether it's a tangible gift, a simple prayer, a hug, or an act of service.
I ask myself today: Is what I am offering to others positive and uplifting, or am I offering worry, stress or anger? If I am not in a good place, I can spend a few moments in sacred silence, seeking Spirit's healing touch. I sit in quiet meditation and release worried thoughts by reciting a mantra: "Peace, be still", until I find my place of inner calm.
I can carry this calm with me throughout the day, by breathing and mentally revisiting this place whenever an anxious thought enters.
When there is peace in my heart, I am able to give more freely and authentically of myself and spread the true "goodwill" that we sing about in the songs of the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
This morning, as I walked my little dog friend Daisy, breathing in the late summer chill while sunshine fell on my face, a memory surfaced...
-
Yesterday's gloomy, drippy weather was transformed into snow overnight and the ground is now covered in lacy white flakes. I step outs...
-
A memory surfaced this morning that brought the lyrics from a Moody Blues song to mind: "we decide which is right and which is an ill...

Peace. Be still.
ReplyDeleteBreathe in stillness.
Breathe out peace.
In the stillness and peace listen...
Listen for the wisdom and guidance of Spirit.
Thank you these posts Patti.