These are my thoughts this morning since today, my beautiful granddaughter has completed one full circle around the sun. It is her very first birthday and I would love to be with her, but we are separated by 2000 miles and circumstances that prevented travel.
So instead, I affirm that our spirits are connected, that time and space cannot separate us because love has no boundaries. I hold her and her parents in a protective bubble of love and blessing, knowing that they will be surrounded by friends today and all will be well.
Today, may we surround all children in the light of God's spirit, trusting that they are the hope for our future. My heart goes out to those who are frightened and alone in detention centers at the border, to those in war torn countries, to those who are hungry or whose parents are unable to properly care for them. These beautiful beings deserve our care and protection, but sadly, sometimes all we can do is pray and cling to hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment