I think of the time recently when I noticed a couple in a restaurant, both completely engrossed with their phones, totally unaware of each other or the moment and how saddened I felt knowing that this is how many of us live our days. I know I am sometimes guilty of tuning out those around me and allowing myself to be distracted by whatever the shiny thing in front of me is, or by the busyness of my thoughts.
There is a need for each one of us to be engaged and focused in our lives. We are each unique individuals, with gifts to give that no one else can in quite the same way.
Today, I commit myself to being fully present in my life, to immersing myself in the energy of this new day and to seeking my place in it, giving whatever I have to offer in the hopes of creating something good.


Beautiful. Thank you.
ReplyDelete