Saturday, April 6, 2019

Beauty is All Around Me

On this cloudy, cool early spring morning, I walk outside and notice what is beautiful... I see snow glories and crocuses in bloom, cardinals and finches at the bird feeder and a robin hopping along the slowly greening grass. The sounds of spring are glorious: birdsong everywhere and woodpeckers searching for insects in the trees. Daffodils and tulips are poking new growth through the earth and Lilacs are budding with May's promise.  Two squirrels scamper after having raided the feeder and their antics lift my spirits.


I choose not to care about the fence in need of painting or the deck in need of staining.  As with all of life, it's easy to focus only on the problems of the moment or the tasks that will have to be done in the future and to lose sight of the beauty of now.

Now is really all we have; the past and future exist only in our minds, as memories and possibilities.

So for today, I will live for the eternal present and will notice every beautiful thing.

Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. 
 Make the now the primary focus of your life- Eckhart Tolle

Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/eckhart_tolle_571599

No comments:

Post a Comment