I have a visual image of the underground spring at our family cabin south of Buffalo: how my father would carefully dig out all the debris and leaves from the spring as it flowed through our property, creating a beautiful clear pool that we would use to wash and keep beverages cold. I loved to watch that spring flowing up from the ground, clean and clear and so refreshingly cold that it had a magical quality on a hot summer day.
I see the spiritual analogy to this picture-that we need to
do some work, shoveling our debris and clearing our clutter to reach a still,
clear space at our center from which Spirit can bubble and flow freely.
I ask myself: “What is my debris? What is keeping me in a parched place right
now, preventing the full flow of the life-giving water of the Spirit? Is it anger, resentment, unforgiveness or a
judgmental attitude? Maybe it’s more
self-directed-guilt, remorse, self-pity or self-loathing.”
More importantly, how do I shovel it out of my spiritual “house”,
so I can create inner space? The
emotions associated with all of the above can be painful to look at, and
difficult to expose to the light. But growth in life depends on this process or I
will succumb to mind numbing activities or addictions in order to mask the discomfort
of holding onto too much.
So how do I do this important work?
The answer comes: prayer
and surrender; this is not my work to do; I only need to be willing to let go and ask for the burden to be lifted. The strength and peace that follows is a gift
for today. Tomorrow’s burdens will
present themselves when the time is right for healing. Sometimes, as with my basement flood, we need a
little Divine Intervention.
Clear debris, surrender, create a calm inner space...experience the peace of letting go
Essential oils for today: Sacred Mountain, Release, Peppermint
Essential oils for today: Sacred Mountain, Release, Peppermint


No comments:
Post a Comment