Friday, May 17, 2019

The Gift of Renewal

Cleansing, renewal, hope...these words float into my awareness as I listen to the sound of still more rain.  The rain has been relentless for weeks now it seems, as the sky turns varying shades of gray, with peeks of sun here and there.  People are severely impacted by rising waters and flooding in some areas.

Yet when I look outside, I see an explosion of color in the landscape.  The deep lush green of grass, the reds and yellows of tulips, deep pinks of flowering trees and lilacs just beginning to open, all seem renewed and refreshed by the rain.

As I mediate on this for a moment, I think of tears...whether tears of joy, sadness or anger, their release can be soothing and nourishing for the soul. As the clouds hold moisture to the saturation point and then must pour out cleansing rain, so we pour out our emotions in the form of tears.  We may at the same time spontaneously utter a prayer; for comfort, strength and healing, as well as deep gratitude for all that is beautiful and praiseworthy.

This is a continual cycle: we are empowered to go out into a world that is beset with problems, in which evil sometimes seems to be prevailing.  In the process of releasing our burdens, we are given the gifts of renewal and hope, so that we may use our unique gifts to spread peace throughout our small radius of influence. 
When we become discouraged and overwhelmed once more, we return to our Source and are renewed. 

Like the earth’s water cycle, we are, individually and collectively, an integral part of the interconnected web of life….in this is our hope, that goodness will overflow and spill out in tears of joy.
 Breathe deeply, releasing all, cry tears of pain, sadness and joy, accept the gift of renewal...


Essential oils for today:  Release, Sacred Frankincense, Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment