The sunrise this morning was a lovely fusion of soft pink,
deep rose and orange that lit up the sky like a beacon of hope. Whatever is happening in the world today,
there is still, in this moment, beauty, kindness and love. Whatever injustice is occurring, whatever
difficulty I or someone close to me is going through, I can call to mind beauty
and goodness and “think on these things”.
Emily Dickinson wrote,
“Hope is the thing with feathers that
perches in the soul-and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all…”
It is the thing that whispers to our heart “don’t
give up”, when the going seems hard. It
is what stirs from deep within and nudges us to pray when we are feeling tired
or discouraged, to seek God’s strength when we are at the end of ours.
I can choose, always, to give in to discouragement, or to give
flight to the thing with feathers that perches in my soul and to rise above
whatever is dragging me down.
This morning, as I listen to the birds singing their lovely tunes and breathe in the colors of the flowers in the garden, I am strengthened
and encouraged. All is well in this
moment.
Breathe in the beauty of the morning, give flight to hope...


No comments:
Post a Comment