Whatever I am doing today, may I do it with my full attention, breathing deeply and connecting to the Source of life. May my eyes be open to beauty, even if it's just a ray of sun that pierces through a gray winter sky, the exuberant laugh of a child, or the loving, soulful gaze of my dog waiting for his morning walk.
When I'm driving in my car, may I be fully present and fully aware, not daydreaming or allowing myself to be distracted. Let it not take a fender bender or a close call to jolt me awake and make me realize the importance of living carefully.
Even on a bad day, may I choose to find something positive to focus on. Winston Churchville once said, "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity and an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty". This is a good reminder for me especially, because I think that by nature I tend to be a pessimist who can get swallowed up in a bad situation if I don't make a conscious effort to see the good.
As we open our eyes and go about our day this morning, may we look for that ray of sun, that possibility for good and may we live each moment carefully, giving our hearts fully to whatever unfolds.
Meditation:
Breathe deeply and slowly, filling the belly with air as if blowing up a balloon. Imagine a golden orb in the center of your abdomen, becoming larger with each breath and moving up through your body and out the crown of your head. Sweep this light up and down several times as you breathe and then settle in the heart, breathing out love as a prayer to the world....

Words to live by, beautiful reminder this morning.
ReplyDeleteLove your posts!
Blessings
Lance