This morning as I walk, taking deep breaths of fresh, cool air, I am grateful for this simple yet profound gift-breath itself. It is the connection to my Source and each inhalation fills my body with cleansing, renewing oxygen.
I am reminded that the Hebrew word for spirit is “ruach”, which means “wind, breath, spirit” and the ancient Greek word for breath is “pneuma” which also means “spirit or “soul”.
So the physical act of breathing allows me to connect body, mind and spirit. It is essential to life itself.
Lately, my heart has been heavy for those who have been infected with Covid-19 and are experiencing the most serious respiratory symptoms. They struggle for this sacred connection to life and sadly, some do not make it. As a person with asthma, I know what it feels like to be short of breath and I deeply identify with the panic one experiences. Everyday, I pray for these people and their families.
Today, in this moment, I am well and my family is protected. For this I am thankful. In this moment, I can breathe deeply and have faith that we will walk through this time courageously and emerge stronger, as people do who have gone through adversity prayerfully.
In this moment, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and spring is here. The world and all its people abound in hope! I breathe and give thanks.


Thanks Patti
ReplyDeleteNice reflection on the Breath of Life. Reminds me of Hymn 508, "Breathe on me breath of God".
Blessings
Lance
I love that hymn!
ReplyDeleteThanks Patti, comforting as always!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Patti. It is definitely a time to be grateful for our breaths.
ReplyDeleteThank you Patti.
ReplyDeleteLove to all!
ReplyDelete