Monday, July 27, 2020

Navigating the Storms

We live in a scary time, no question about it. This morning, while meditating, I felt the energy of it and had a vision of being in a boat in the midst of a storm, rocking to and fro as the waves crashed around me.  Although I've never driven a boat before, I imagined I was steering and trying to stay the course, feeling strong and solid at my core while all around me the world was thrashing amid the turmoil of the mighty storm.

I found strength in this vision, as I remembered the gospel story about how afraid the disciples were during a storm on the sea. Jesus rebuked them for being of little faith while uttering the phrase that has calmed the hearts of many: "Peace, be still", as the waves ceased their crashing and all became quiet.

I will cling to this vision in the days and weeks ahead, as the virus rages on across America, protests continue and the very fabric of our democracy is threatened by autocratic-like federal troops waging war in our cities.  Certainly, we have been through periods of civil unrest, pandemics, and government mistreatment of citizens before, but somehow this feels different.

 I hope that I am wrong... I have faith that love and justice will prevail, that good people of conscience in our government will fight to preserve our democracy, and that we will once again emerge stronger, better, with a renewed sense of purpose for the future of our country and our planet.

I do know that, through the storms, I will keep my focus on the Light that permeates all and brings hope to all.  I will continue to listen to the still small voice that is the Divine within and will stay the course or change course as I am guided. Give me strength for this day, for each day as it unfolds.

1 comment:

  1. Great message of hope for our times. I need to remember this each day. Thank you.

    Blessings

    Lance

    ReplyDelete