Monday, July 13, 2020

Listen

This morning, I am reminded to listen carefully.  I sit outside on my deck bordering the woods, close my eyes and hear a chorus of joyful birdsong, the rustle of leaves through the trees and the distant sound of a dog barking.  I sense the earth rejoicing after the soaking rain that broke a weeks long spell of heat and drought.

The message that seems to come is that this moment will never happen again, so I should be still, listen and enter into it fully.  I open my eyes and see a pattern of clouds and blue sky, a glint of sun on rain kissed leaves; a slight stirring of wind that orchestrates a dance of movement and light through the life that surrounds and flows through me.

I see that each moment is sacred, if we stop and enter into the space between time, opening our eyes to the Divine within and all around. 

I see that it is important to live carefully, with all our senses, giving our full attention to what is before us. 

I see that really listening to others is a skill of sensitivity and empathy that allows us to enter into their realm of experience with an open heart and to respond thoughtfully.

My prayer for today is that I would be fully present, releasing any attachment to ego or vanity, letting go of all judgment and desire to control and embracing the new morning joyfully.

Breathe deeply, enter into the sacred space of the eternal present and choose joy

1 comment: