Monday, October 12, 2020

Vessels of Light

 

It is early morning, just before sunrise. The mountains are outlined in the rosy pink of dawn and I step outside into the morning chill to breathe deeply and give thanks.

I am thankful for my time here, in beautiful New Mexico, far away from home, creating precious bonds with family.  I am thankful for the loveliness everywhere, even in the midst of such turmoil in our country and the world.  I utter a prayer for world and national healing…from Covid-19, from racism, hatred and division. 

I am suddenly acutely aware of my own need to ask forgiveness -- my  heart is filled with unkind feelings towards those in power who have brought us to this period of unrest.  I feel, as many do, that there is a certain poetic justice in recent events, but my own thoughts make me aware of the darkness that lurks within and I turn away.

My duty as a Spiritual Being, is to be a vessel of Light and to do my best to bring that Light into the world and spread it around.  I cannot allow myself to harbor hatred, fear and pessimism, because then I am only adding to the problem and making myself ill in the process.

Help me God, this day, to release all that is not of you and to pray instead that I would manifest the fruits of the spirit: “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control”.

I pray that these same fruits would lift our nation up and bring us to a place of peace and unity.

Today, I embrace all that is good and become a vessel of Light...

No comments:

Post a Comment