Monday, December 21, 2020

Welcoming the Christmas Star

 Today is the Winter Solstice, which is the shortest and darkest day of the year, but also a turning point, as we welcome the Light of the World in our Christmas celebrations and look forward to gradually lengthening days ahead.

This year, there is a special astrological event happening on the Solstice-the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn, which hasn't occurred in 397 years.  These two planets have been orbiting closer together this autumn and will be separated by just .01 degrees tonight, right after sunset, so that they will appear as one bright "Christmas Star". 

 Scholars have theorized that the Star of Bethlehem, followed by the wise men to find the location of Jesus's birth, was very likely to have been a Jupiter and Saturn conjunction as well.

Does this have special significance?  Many believe it does and that we are entering a period of great global change.  This afternoon, at 1:22 EST, I will be taking part in a global peace meditation, the aim of which is to usher in a new era of love and light.  I invite you to join me by sitting in silence, lighting a candle and praying for the Light of Christ to enter into minds and hearts and transform a darkened world. 

The unique challenges and difficulties of 2020. according to the theory of great cosmic change, have been the process of our collective emotional"pain bodies" (to quote Eckhardt Tolle), being brought into the Light for healing and release.  Exactly how long this process will take, no one knows for sure-perhaps years or decades, but I believe we are entering a turning point.

It is up to each one of us to turn towards and embrace the light of  change and healing, even if there is pain involved.  Release the darkness and move forward in faith, trusting that you will be guided to your highest good.  Welcome the Christmas star!

If we each become a small light, we can change the world...

This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel? NO!
I’m gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel? NO!
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Don’t let anyone blow it out,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Don’t let anyone blow it out,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

-famous children's song of unknown origin



 

 

 




3 comments: