This morning, I woke up with the words to a Beatles song in my head: "When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be, let it be."
I'm sure many can identify with this frame of mind and way of being. The problem is, we can only carry someone else's burdens for so long and then we have to let them go, give them to a higher power, be a compassionate witness and "let it be".....
"And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Ah, let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Oh, there will be an answer, let it be"
-Paul McCartney
https://youtu.be/QDYfEBY9NM4
This is my message for today: let go of worrying, struggling, fretting and fixing. Sit back, be a witness, hold those we love in prayer and embrace our own inner light. Be strengthened and empowered for this moment in time and be open to Divine guidance on when and how to act. Let our loved ones follow their own path and experience their own struggles.
Step outside, connect to the earth, breathe deeply of the cold winter air and "let it be"....

HI Patti:
ReplyDeleteThanks for this. A message we all need to hear. I love that song as well. I forgot how powerful the words were.
Blessings
Lance
Another "Patti" message I will save forever. A great reminder, comfort, & prayer. I'll tuck it in that little book we both have... Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Patti. Needed today
ReplyDelete