Sometimes, if I tune into the news too much, I can start to feel like the world is in disarray. Crazy things happen everyday and it can be very discouraging to focus on worldly affairs. But if I tune into nature, all seems serene and beautiful. The patterns of nature help me to see that there is Divine Order...everything is orchestrated, like a lovely cosmic dance and that this is something we can cling to in difficult times.
Out walking, I breathe in the morning air, feel its cold stir on my face as the first rays of warming sun fall onto earth, like a gift. The early light sparkles on the frosted grass like thousands of tiny diamonds and the colors of autumn abound everywhere.The birds greet the day with celebration, flying excitedly overhead, I greet a fellow walker with a smile and a wave as a lilting joy fills me. I know in my heart that all is well in this moment.Of course, I worry about the climate crisis and will always try to do everything in my power to care for this beautiful planet. But no one knows what the future holds or how an all powerful God will move to protect His/Her creation. So for today, I will have faith that the Spirit in whom we live and move and have our being will always provide protection, power and peace. I will not allow the world to be too much with me, as William Wordsworth warned in his famous poem:The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;—
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
For this, for everything, we are out of tune...


Perfect timing - just as incredulous things have been happening all around me, a reminder that we can always trust in our all-powerful God and all will be well. Walking in nature is a much better idea than mulling over unexplainable ungodly actions. Thank you, Patti, for your insight.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Debra! Thanks for your insightful comments as well. I agree- walking in nature is So much better than mulling and sulking, right? And it really has the power to lift our spirits.
ReplyDelete