Monday, April 25, 2022

New Life

 It's finally warm enough to sit outside in the garden this morning and as I look around, I am witness to signs of new life everywhere, which fills me with a sense of awe and wonder. There are early spring flowers, green new shoots budding with promise, robins busy building nests and a tiny baby rabbit hopping into the shrubbery. These sights fill me with those gifts of the Spirit that give life meaning...peace, joy and hope.

Who hasn't held a newborn baby, a kitten or a puppy and been filled with a sublime rush of wonder at the miracle of life?  We are fascinated by videos of kittens or baby monkeys; enchanted  by adorable creatures in miniature.

If you really think about the process of creation, it is very humbling and awe-inspiring. To think that an egg and a sperm united can become a child, or a seed that appears dead can sprout and grow when given water, soil and sunlight, should surely make us acutely aware that there must be a Creator. The Intelligent Designer behind it all has made an endless array of living beings, each one a small miracle.

We live on a beautiful planet, inhabited by beautiful beings and this morning, I am especially grateful. Just for today, I will release my worries about war and injustice, hatred and crime, poverty and pain. I will choose to see "whatever is excellent or praiseworthy"; I will give thanks for the miracle of new life and the hope that it can inspire in me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree... the miracle of new life will never get old!

    ReplyDelete