Meditating in the early dawn light, I hear one bird outside my window, singing his one song loudly, persistently, in rhythmic fashion. He is heralding the morning, joyfully giving it his all.
I thought about the one song each of us sings, perhaps in hundreds of different ways throughout our lifetimes and continuing even after we have passed on, in the echoes we leave behind. No matter whether we have done great things or small, we are each a unique, one of a kind expression of the breath of God.
To the extent that we are in tune with who we are at our core, as a Divine expression of life, we are able to share our uniquely given gifts with our families, communities and the world. Each day, we can choose to love ourselves fully and joyfully bring out that which is within us as our unique offering.
The bird at my window spontaneously shared his joy with the world, being a creature of nature unconcerned with problems. Humans, on the other hand, have worries and problems, anxieties and sometimes despair... all kinds of complicated emotions.
Yet Jesus told us to consider the sparrow and the lilies of the field, to give up our worries and fears, to have faith that all would be well. I want so much to trust in his words, to relax and be as unconcerned as the bird in dawn's light.
This morning, my prayer is that I could set aside everything, allowing Spirit to fill me and flow through me, that I might better bring out what is within to share with the world.

Every Monday you share what is within with the perfect words and imagery that touch your readers' souls!
ReplyDelete