On this chilly early spring morning, my thoughts turn to warmth and light, those all important gifts we sometimes take for granted. I know that the sun will shine today, melting the snow and reviving the spring flowers, for which I am very thankful. We will turn our faces to the sun as flowers do, warming ourselves in its light and heat. So too should our spiritual selves turn to the Source of all being, warming and nourishing ourselves in the Light of Spirit.
Every morning,no matter what else is happening, I believe it's important to turn on the inner light, seeking God in prayer and meditation.Throughout the day, as well, I can stay connected by breathing deeply, envisioning the white light of the Spirit surrounding and protecting me. As I pray for others, I can imagine the Light healing and protecting them as well.
"You, Lord, keep my lamp burning
my God turns my darkness into light...Psalm 18:28

Imagining that warm light within warms our response to the world around us. Thank you, as always, for the Monday reminder!
ReplyDelete