Memorial Day! The unofficial start of summer, when we pause to remember those who've died in service to our country, of course, but also to spend time with family and reflect on those who've passed on.
This morning, waking up, I walk out to our deck and feel thankful for our peaceful woods, the warm morning air and the song of birds. I am reflecting on yesterday's picnic at our family cabin, a Memorial Day tradition. It was a beautiful blue sky day and as we all sat around the campfire chatting, I felt a deep sense of connection to each other and to this land.
My father built the cabin with his own hands 60 years ago and for all this time it has been our summer retreat. Walking in the old growth woods, I feel my father's spirit reminding me to walk silently and feel the energy of the trees, to listen carefully to the sounds of the forest creatures as we walk with "moccasin feet".
Now I see my husband walking through the woods with a new generation of children and it tugs at my heart...Watching the young children play, I feel my mother's spirit, rejoicing in our togetherness and our joy. Memories from the past rush through me, bringing tears to my eyes, not of sadness, but of gratitude, for all that was and is given.We all have our family stories, our memories of loved ones who've passed on. Today, I encourage you to spend some time in prayer and thoughtful reflection.
I will leave you with my "Daily Word" for today:
"I pray and bless my loved ones and the world. I honor the legacy, courage and memory of those who have given their lives in service.
I also remember my loved ones who have transitioned and embrace them in the radiant light of love. I remember how they enriched my life and feel grateful as I remember the ways they blessed me with their presence.
In memory of all whom I honor today, I commit to being a presence of peace in all situations. I hold a vision of a world at peace with the understanding that we are all part of the human family and one with God"
*Daily Word, a Unity publication


You are a presence of peace to everyone! And your memories always trigger my own! Thank you and have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteThank you Debra! Wishing you a blessed week too❤️
ReplyDeletePatti you are such a beautiful spiritual soul. That’s exactly what I meant by saying how the family cabin is magical in so many ways.. I so love all you expressed in this special Memorial Day blog, thankyou and love you dearly❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks, I feel the same!đŸ’–
ReplyDelete