Imagine a world where everyone forgave everything. There would be no need for revenge, conflict or war; no family rifts, lost friendships or grudges. We would see each person as God sees them: worthy of unconditional love.
A tall order, of course, but worth pondering and working towards. If each one of us, in our own little radius of influence, were to spend time in prayer, asking for the heart to forgive each person who has wronged us, and most importantly, to forgive ourselves, the world might begin to change, little by little.Toxic emotions, like regret, anger, resentment and guilt, can affect us in negative ways, not only emotionally and spiritually, but physically as well. We are complex beings; body, mind and spirit are interconnected and everything that we expose ourselves to in one realm affects the others in ways that we are not always consciously aware of.
Numerous studies have shown that negative emotions like anger, hostility, anxiety and guilt can suppress our immune systems, weaken our heart function and cause digestive problems. Conversely, letting go of burdens and consciously focusing on the positive has been shown to have a beneficial effect on health.
So for today, let's begin to heal ourselves with forgiveness of all hurts and release of all resentment and guilt:
I will share two little forgiveness prayers:
Dear God, I thank You for the power of forgiveness, and I choose to forgive everyone who has hurt me. Help me set [name anyone who has offended you] free and release them to You. Help me bless those who have hurt. Help me walk in righteousness, peace, and joy, demonstrating Your life here on earth. I choose to be kind and compassionate, forgiving others, just as You forgave me -Amen.
Father, today I ask forgiveness of all the negative and harmful words I have spoken about myself. I do not want to abuse myself in such a way again. Transform my thoughts and let me understand how marvelously you made me. Change my habits so I use my tongue to speak hope and favor upon my life.
*Chistianity.com
Have a blessed day!
Forgiving oneself is as healing as forgiving others - but often harder to do! Thank you for the reminder, Patti!
ReplyDelete