Life goes on.The sunrise yesterday was spectacular; thank God for beauty, nature and hope.
I will not lie: I am deeply disappointed in the results of our nation's presidential election. Many are. But more, apparently, are satisfied, some of whom may be reading this blog. Even though I fear we are going down a very dark path, others do not and only time will tell. Perhaps all the dark, dystopian rhetoric and threats about retribution for those who disagree was all theater. I hope so, because my prayer is for our country to heal from the hatred and division that has been created by leaders with their own best interests at heart.
I read my Daily Word for today: "In prayer, I envision a harmonious human community that assures everyone's basic needs are met, respects differing viewpoints and celebrates the unique expression of God that each person is". These words seem to be at odds with half of our country, who appear to have a deep mistrust of those who are different from themselves. This makes me sad, but perhaps we must go through this time of darkness before we can begin to see the light, before we can heal from our division. I will cling to hope. I will choose to believe that love will win out in the end; that we will be able to rise above the fray of nastiness and ask the Holy Spirit to give us the fruits of the spirit as a lens through which to see others:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control". Galatians 5:22-23
As we honor our veterans today, recognizing the sacrifices they have made defending our ideals of freedom and democracy, may we all rise above, with a fierce determination to keep the faith,continue to do good and practice agape love, everyday.


This is so comforting and presents a different perspective. As always, thank you Patti
ReplyDelete