Sitting outside on my deck this morning, my heart fills with gratitude for the beauty all around. The sun is shining, peonies and roses are blooming, the air is fragrant and the birds flutter at the feeder. We are poised on the cusp of summer, as the Solstice is only a few days away and the long, warm days of the season lie just ahead.
Yesterday, we hiked a lovely, wooded trail, surrounded by wildflowers with fragrant spring blossoms. Being in nature, as always, brought peace to my troubled soul. I let my cares drift away and all seemed right with the world, even though our country is in chaos and it's hard not to worry about this and so many other things.
Nature is healing and restorative, a balm to our spirits, when the world seems to have descended into madness. Today, I am thankful for this. Tomorrow I may fight another battle, but on this new morning I will rest in knowing that the Spirit who is in and through all things is here, now, shining brightly through the darkness of our imperfect humanity.

No comments:
Post a Comment