This morning, as I sit quietly praying before the heat of the day sets in on this early summer day, I am aware that there is much pain in the world. It is hard to ignore the suffering of families torn apart by overly aggressive and unfair deportations, the devastation of war in countries far away and now the uncertainty surrounding our involvement in Iran.
My Unity Daily Word speaks to this and I would like to share it here:"Considering the pain in the world, I realize many are mourning. People in war-torn regions have lost loved ones to violence. Others may grieve the loss of a relationship or something dear to them. The troubles these souls are experiencing may make it difficult for them to find blessings and grace.
I turn within and hold in prayer all those suffering, trusting the comforting presence of the Holy Spirit. I trust in the omnipresence of God in, through and as all. I focus on God and pray that everyone feels the comforting, healing Presence of the Divine". (Daily Word, June 23, 2025).
I realize that praying for the world can seem like an overwhelming task in the face of so much suffering. Our small prayers can seem like a drop of water in an ocean of pain, but this is what we are called to do. To be light in a dark world; to call on angels of mercy and comfort; even to take action and join with others in peaceful protest of unfair practices.
We can start where we are, praying for those closest to us, then moving outward, expanding our circle of light and hope to our community, our country and the world.
So, this morning and throughout this week, I would challenge everyone who reads this to be courageous in the face of fear and suffering, not turning from it, but challenging it with the Light of God.

Exactly what I needed to hear on this hot summer day. My prayers feel like waves when I am standing knee deep in the ocean - big crashing prayers, calm & gentle ones, a rock thrown at my foot, sand between my toes ....
ReplyDeleteIt's a good reminder for me too.
Delete