There is a gentle, warm breeze this morning and the sound of leaves stirring is soothing and hypnotic. Last night's rain refreshed the earth... I can feel the happy vibes of the woods and gardens. My weary soul is renewed in this early morning moment, as I breathe deeply and drink in the beauty all around me.
Peace washes over me as I listen to the soft, plaintive cooing of the mourning dove. The songs of other birds become a symphonic background to this one lonely cry and now, the whir of hummingbird wings joins; all this together creating a morning masterpiece. Gratitude fills my heart, for the simple gift of life, for the breath that immerses us in all. In this moment, the place where I am standing is a special, magical world lit up by the spark of the Divine.
It doesn't matter what is happening in my life or in the world, because the calm and peace that I feel radiates from within and connects to all that is good.
A verse comes to mind, from Philippians 4:8:
"Whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable; if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things....and the God of peace will be with you".
Certainly, we are not to ignore our problems or turn away from the need that is ever present in the world, but we all need moments of "filling up", so that we have a strong core to withstand the storms of life. And gratitude for "all that is lovely" is essential for our spiritual health.
Thank you oh Master Designer, for being our filling station!

I loved to get outdoors early in the morning and listen to birds singing their beautiful songs in harmony. Unfortunately, I cannot do this now because I cannot get out of bed myself.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you're not able to get outdoors early in the morning Deb, but I will pray that your memories and imagination can take you there.
ReplyDelete