I have always been fascinated by the dreamworld-that mystical state in which we spend a good portion of our lives. Although I don't often remember my dreams, I usually have the sense upon awakening that I have been experiencing other realms and wish that I could recall them long enough to record them.
Sometimes , dreams can seem like nonsense; the result of my consciousness downloading the unprocessed fragments of a busy day. Other times, I wake with a clear impression etched in my mind and a sense that the dream is very important and should be remembered.
A few days after my mother passed away, I had a very vivid dream that I knew carried a special message. In the dream, I was sitting next to her hospital bed, holding her hand after she died, saddened and horrified to feel her body growing cold. As I sat crying, her hand became warm, she sat up, the light came back in her eyes, she said "I love you" and smiled. I woke up then, emotionally overwhelmed by the clarity of the dream, but with a strong assurance that this was her message to me that her spirit was still alive and she would love me forever.
I have had other dreams that are experienced with such clarity and emphasis that I know they are important spiritual messages. It can be difficult to interpret dreams because our subconscious minds use symbolism, impressions and pictures that we can't always grasp the meaning of. In biblical times, those who could interpret dreams, like Joseph, were revered and given positions of honor. There is a clear message, throughout the bible, that dreams are one of the ways that God communicates with us, and we should not trivialize the ones that come to us with clarity and a sense of importance.
So how can we increase our awareness about our dreams and begin to remember them more clearly so they can provide us with insight and wisdom? The following is some advice from Psychology Today:
Your dreams can reveal many truths about your life. They can provide extraordinary intuitive insights, and give you information that can help your health, love life and career. You'd be surprised at the straightforward advice that your dreams give, either spontaneously or on request.
Dreams can keep you well. Dreams provide answers. But first you must
retrieve them. Here are four strategies to help you remember your
dreams:
Keep a journal and pen by your bed.
- Write a question on a piece of paper before you go to sleep. Formalize your request. Place it on a table beside your bed or under your pillow.
- In the morning do not wake up too fast. Stay under the covers for at least a few minutes remembering your dream. Luxuriate in a peaceful feeling between sleep and waking, what scientists call the hypnagogic state. Those initial moments provide a doorway.
- Open your eyes. Write down your dream immediately; otherwise it will evaporate. You may recall a face, object, color, or scenario, feel an emotion. It doesn't matter if it makes perfect sense-or if you retrieve a single image or many. Record everything you remember.
When you're finished, refocus on the question you asked the previous night. See how your dream applies. One, two, or more impressions about the who/what/where of your solution may have surfaced. Get in the habit of recording your dreams regularly. Be assured I've never met anyone who can't be taught how to remember. Keep at it. Remember to practice. Soon it will become second nature to you!
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/emotional-freedom/201002/how-remember-and-interpret-your-dreams
This morning, I am thankful for mystical moments, visions and dreams and pray for insight into the wisdom and guidance these can provide today and each day.

Cool! Straight forward advice for those of us who wonder about our dreams. What a beautiful dream with your mom! One to hold on to!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it Debra! Definitely, the dream about my mom is one to hold onto.
Delete